Amazon Web Services provides a virtual computing environment that is completely controlled, flexible, reliable, secure and most of all, inexpensive which is fit for small to growing businesses looking for an effective cloud computing resource and experience.
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that provides resizable compute capacity in the cloud. It is designed to make web-scale computing easier for developers.
Amazon EC2’s simple web service interface allows you to obtain and configure capacity with minimal friction. It provides you with complete control of your computing resources and lets you run on Amazon’s proven computing environment. Amazon EC2 reduces the time required to obtain and boot new server instances to minutes, allowing you to quickly scale capacity, both up and down, as your computing requirements change. Amazon EC2 changes the economics of computing by allowing you to pay only for capacity that you actually use. Amazon EC2 provides developers the tools to build failure resilient applications and isolate themselves from common failure scenarios.
Amazon EC2 presents a true virtual computing environment, allowing you to use web service interfaces to launch instances with a variety of operating systems, load them with your custom application environment, manage your network’s access permissions, and run your image using as many or few systems as you desire.
Myrtec utilises Amazon Web Services for our cloud computing needs because they offer elastic, completely controlled, flexible, reliable, secure and inexpensive cloud computing services. Myrtec specialise in delivering managed services across cloud servers, hosted desktops and high scale drupal hosting
Myrtec provide consultation, design and migration services across these key Amaon Web Services Products:
- Compute and Networking - Including EC2, WorkSpaces, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing
- Storage - S3, Glacier, Storage Gateway & EBS
- Database - DynamoDB & RDS
- Networking - VPC, Route 53, CloudFront & Direct Connect
- Application Services - SWF, SES, SNS, SQS
- Deployment & Management - Identity and Access Management, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Elastic Beanstalk & CloudTrail
Myrtec has provided a number of whitepapers and Amazon Web Services technical resources to assist with the transition to AWS.
- Architecting for the Cloud: Best Practices
- Backup and Recovery Approaches Using Amazon Web Services
- Building Fault-Tolerant Applications on AWS
- AWS Naming Convention Best Practices Tagging
- Development and Test on Amazon Web Services
- DevOps for Enterprise
- Implementing Active Directory Federation Services in the AWS Cloud
- Managing Multi-Tiered Applications with AWS OpsWorks
- Enterprise Backup and Recovery
- Managing Your AWS Infrastructure at Scale
- Storage Options in the AWS Cloud
- Using Amazon Web Services for Disaster Recovery