Please follow this guide of you are required to install the Myrtec agent on a computer or server. The Myrtec agent allows Myrtec to inventory and manage the computer as well as gain remote desktop access. The Myrtec agent will request permission from the user before remote desktop access is granted and the user has the ability to deny desktop access.
The Myrtec agent required .NET Framework 2.0 or later to be installed prior to the agent installation package being executed. The .NET 3.5 framework package can be downloaded from: dotNetFx35setup.exe
To install the Myrtec agent please complete the following steps:
- Download the Myrtec agent from the following link: Myrtec_Agent_Install_41202.exe
- Save the file to your desktop or another location on the computer
- When the download completes select view downloads or show in folder options (depending on the browser used) to go the the download location of the Myrtec agent installation package
- If you are running Windows 7 or Vista right click on the Myrtec_Agent_Install_41202.exe and select run as administrator. If you are running XP simple double click on the file.
- The agent will now install and display a message saying that the agent was installed successfully
- A Myrtec agent icon should now be visible from the system tray (bottom right hand corner of the screen near the clock)