This article includes the steps to confirm that real-time protection has been enabled in Windows 10 Security centre to help protect from virus's and malware.
- Select the Start button, then select Settings
- Then select Update & Security
- Then go to Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.
- In the current version of Windows 10, under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings. If it is an older version of Windows 10 you just need to select Virus & threat protection settings
- Make sure that the Real-time protection setting to On.