By replacing your traditional desktop with a hosted virtual desktop, you can access your ‘desktop’ securely via the internet from anywhere in the world. A Citrix Hosted Desktop built on top of Amazon Web Services simplifies your systems and reducing your overall IT costs. Ideal for companies with multiple locations or with old or slow servers the hosted desktop is delivered either as a completely integrated service billed per user per month or as an extension of an existing corporate domain.
Top 10 Reasons to move to a Hosted Desktop
- Easily scalable to give greater flexibility in the number of users: this is great for companies where there are peaks and lows in demand. Only pay the users and resources that you need.
- Access from any device in any location: whether travelling overseas or onsite with clients. A hosted desktop is available anywehere with an internet connection.
- Reduce capital expenditure and one-off costs: pay based on consumption on a per monthly basis rather than a large up front investment. Onsite costs are minimised as the data and servers are fully hosted.
- Control sensitive data in a centralised location: data is centralised within AWS and can be controlled and locked down to prevent data loss.
- Reduce server and PC refresh budget: by utilising thin clients rather than full desktops the budget can be further reduces as thin clients last longer and cost less to buy
- Increase user satisfaction and productivity: give users access to the applications and data they need when they need it from any location and enable flexible working practices
- Improve disaster recovery timeframes: take disaster recovery down to hours rather than days by having all backups replicated between data centres. Eliminate the impact of localised events by having all applications hosted.
- Reduce overheads associated with maintaining IT infrastructure: the maintenance budget can be significantly reduced by running systems within an AWS environment. No more worrying about air conditioners or swapping backup tapes.
- Consistent user experience and performance regardless of location: give users a consistent experience whether in the office or working from home
- Increase business agility and flexibility: enable the number of users to increase and decrease on demand enabling business to make descisons rapidly
Myrtec in an Amazon Web services, Citrix and Microsoft partner and has significant experience deliverying managed Citrix environments built on top of Amazon Web Services. Please contact Myrtec to discuss your needs with a solutions consultant